Fitbit Versa 4 is one of the latest and most advanced smartwatches available in the market. It offers a range of features, including a color touchscreen, heart rate monitor, and the ability to track various fitness metrics. Keeping your Fitbit device updated is essential to ensure it functions optimally and offers the latest features and improvements. In this article, we will explain how to update your Fitbit Versa 4, step-by-step, using either the Fitbit app or a computer.
Table of ContentsToggle Table of Content
Check the Current Firmware Version
Before updating your Fitbit Versa 4, it is important to check the current firmware version to ensure you download the correct update. To check the firmware version, open the Fitbit app on your phone or tablet, and tap on your profile picture in the top-left corner. Select the Versa 4 device and scroll down to see the current version number.
Preparing Your Fitbit Versa 4 for Update
Now that you know your current firmware version, you can prepare your Fitbit Versa 4 for the update. First, ensure your device has a full charge, or is at least 50% charged. Next, make sure your device is compatible with the latest update. Fitbit Sense and Versa 3 have different firmware versions and updates than Versa 4.
It is also recommended to remove any screen protector from your device before performing the update, as it can interfere with the update process. Additionally, make sure your phone or tablet is connected to the internet and that your Fitbit device is nearby.
Update Fitbit Versa 4 Firmware using the Fitbit App
- Open the Fitbit app on your phone or tablet and tap on your profile picture in the top-left corner.
- Select the Versa 4 device and scroll down to the “Update Available” option. If there is no “Update Available” option, your device is already up to date.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to download and install the latest update. Make sure your device remains near your phone or tablet and stays connected to the internet during the update process.
Update Fitbit Versa 4 Firmware using a Computer
- Connect your Fitbit device to your computer using the charging cable.
- Open the Fitbit app on your computer and tap on your device icon in the top-right corner.
- Select the “Check for device update” option and follow the on-screen instructions to download and install the latest update.
Troubleshooting Update Issues
Sometimes, updating your Fitbit Versa 4 can encounter issues. Here are some common issues and how to troubleshoot them:
- Update failed: If the update fails, make sure your device is fully charged and connected to a reliable internet source. If the issue persists, try restarting your device and performing the update again.
- Stuck on “Installing…”: If your device gets stuck on “Installing…”, try restarting your device or resetting it to factory settings.
- No update available: If there is no “Update Available” option on the app, check your firmware version again and make sure you have the latest version for your device. If you do, then your device may already have the latest update, or the update may not be available in your region.
Read: How To Change Clock Face On Fitbit Versa 4?
Read: Does Fitbit Versa 4 Track Blood Pressure?
Read: Do Fitbit Versa 2 Bands Fit Versa 4?
Read: What Is The Difference Between Fitbit Versa 3 And 4?
What is the latest Versa 4 firmware?
As of April 2023, the latest firmware version for the Fitbit Versa 4 is version 1.6.12. This version includes bug fixes and improvements to the device’s performance and stability.
Is Fitbit Versa 4 the latest version?
No, the Fitbit Versa 4 is not the latest version of the Fitbit smartwatch. Fitbit has released newer models, such as the Fitbit Sense and Fitbit Versa 3, which offer additional features and improvements over the Versa 4. However, the Versa 4 remains a popular and capable device.
Why can’t I update my Fitbit?
There are several reasons why you may be unable to update your Fitbit device. Some common reasons include a poor internet connection, low battery levels, and incompatible firmware versions. Additionally, if your device is too old, it may no longer receive firmware updates. If you are unable to update your Fitbit, try troubleshooting the issue by restarting your device, ensuring it is fully charged, and checking for compatibility with the latest firmware version.
How do I get my Fitbit app to update?
To update your Fitbit app, simply check your device’s app store for any available updates. If an update is available, click the “Update” button to download and install the latest version. You can also set your app to update automatically by enabling automatic app updates in your device’s settings. Keep in mind that updating the Fitbit app is separate from updating the firmware on your Fitbit device.
Updating your Fitbit Versa 4 is an important step to ensure it functions optimally and offers the latest features and improvements. Using the Fitbit app or a computer, you can easily update your device and troubleshoot any issues that may arise. Don’t forget to check your current firmware version, ensure your device is compatible with the latest update, and remove any screen protectors before performing the update.